Tuesday 15 January 2013

Andy Lewis 2012: Why I couldn't go on tour with Madonna.


Andy Lewis, the "slackliner" Madonna presented to the world during his epic half-time show at the Super Bowl XLVI was invited to participate in the MDNA Tour but turned down the offer.

Lewis explains why rejection live to the maximum the MDNA experience for one year through a letter and a video: "while he was dressed in a toga, the amount of energy given to the sport of the slacklining through 30 seconds of the half-time show was crazy. The world of slacklining was waiting for his chance to show his face. I appreciate the opportunity that Madonna has given me forever. 5 Years ago never thought that I would be writing: "I love Madonna". He invited me to his show, showed me how to carry it out, she told me how to live my dreams. Together with a group of friends, all could be part of the halftime show. The biggest spectacle seen in the history of television, and I got to the front and center of the stage with my Slackline and me kissed Madonna.

The idea of the world tour was always in mind. Would I be the person who could do it? Might you have the strength? In recent months I have had to think about it. A chance at the big time. An opportunity to perhaps make music. The guitar live with Madonna. Create a piece of Slackline and choreography. Highlining, fire, hanging from ropes. Honestly, you could have convinced Madonna that let me do something crazy. Learn to dance, and be a professional dancer. Say that I had so many opportunities they would stem from the tour would be ridiculous. But I would have to travel for a year, being away from home, my girlfriend, my friends, the fresh air, open spaces, my projects, silence, my jumps, my bed... and to be a year of touring, everything would be sacrificed, replace them with hotels, airplanes, buses, crowds, culture, fame, work, travel contacts and a great paycheck each week. So you would have to sacrifice my freedom for an entire year... I think that it wasn't worth. "The next day I woke up and refused the offer, the money I offered such as advance payment, a long list of benefits and VIP status everywhere... a few days later flew back to Moab to live slacklife."

In this video Lewis explains why he could not going on tour with Madonna

No comments:

Post a Comment